What is Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery and why is it so important to your medical practice?
BCDR is an extremely critical and evolving part of protecting your medical/patient data additionally important business data such as accounting, payroll, contracts essential to your practice-business.
Disasters can happen to any medical business of any size at any time. Planning ahead is one of the most powerful disaster recovery plans you can have and is a HIPAA requirement.
As medical practices and other businesses are increasingly dependent on information technology to run their operations, business continuity planning is essential and MUST include disaster recovery and IT network security.
Previous backup technologies no longer work to protect from data loss and downtime. Medical Practices are also legally obliged to publicly report any compromises and pay exorbitant fines which can often lead to bankruptcy. These catastrophic events can include system failure, fires, storms and the ever-growing threat of breaches, malware and ransomware.
AIM uses state-of-the-art technology that does read only images of the entire server to our data center that can be failed over within minutes rather than other technologies which can take days or even weeks.
Should your practice be audited you can rest assured that AIM can demonstrate fail over and recovery without the need of standing up additional servers and resources. This is true business continuity and disaster recovery.
AIM offers several managed, budget-friendly, Business Continuity solutions which ensures that there will be minimal disruption to in-house operations should a disaster occur.
AIM offers a managed plan to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery is put in place to:
1. Identify critical operations and perform a risk analysis
2. Identify solutions that ensure production and processes remain operational and ensure business continuity
3. Create and demonstrate a cloud backup configuration allowing access to data within minutes not days
4. Provide cloud/hosting services to enable users to logon and access data securely from anywhere there is data and be fully functional within minutes
5. Reduce potential legal liabilities due to loss of patient information
6. Provide documentation covering business continuity and disaster recovery plan that is complete and does not contain material misrepresentations
7. Eliminate the need for in-house IT to manage BCDR
Lack of buy-in assuming BCDR planning is simply another fake disaster drill could be the death of one's medical practice
Plan for unexpected issues – They happen to everyone, and they can happen at any time. Take preventative measures today.
Safeguard and defend your business – AIM Services protects your data, network, and systems from hacking or virus threats so you can focus on more important issues.
Don’t wait long for recovery – When your network does go down and data is lost, we'll have it back for you in no time.
Regardless of your medical practice size, you need dependable data backup and recovery. AIM Services can provide that to you – call today and prevent the unexpected from ruining your practice, your reputation, and avoid the fines you could endure.